Fine Beers since 1636
Still a genuine home-made brew as in days of yore
The MAXLRAIN CASTLE BREWERY was first officially mentioned in 1636. At the turn of the century, the beer brewing process was transferred from the Castle to the present brewery site newly erected about 1900.
The enterprise has been managed since 1986 by Dr. Erich Prince von Lobkowicz. Maxlrain has always been noted for brewing exclusive beers. Thanks to consistent implementation of advanced quality standards, this initial home-made brew has since come to qualify for nation-wide acclaim. Thanks to the concerted action of Brewery Director Roland Bräger and Master Brewer Josef Kronast, more and more beer connoisseurs have come to cherish the fruits of these labours and raise their glasses with loud cheers to “Maxlrain, Our Ain – Our one and only brew!”